The Foster Grandparent Program joins together two segments of the population - seniors and children. The program enhances quality of life for seniors and gives them a sense of purpose. Their presence gives parents and children an extra sense of security. The children have a consistent grandparent figure who mentors and encourages them in social play and classroom activities. Foster Grandparents are assigned to each Encompass location and volunteer a minimum of 15 hours per week. What a win-win-win situation for Encompass, the children and seniors!
Requirements to become a Foster Grandparent:
- Be age 55 or older.
- Must meet the limited income guidelines.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Agree to have a health assessment and background check.
- You would receive a small, tax-free stipend.
- You would receive a transportation allowance.
- You would receive annual paid leave.
- You would receive lots of love from children.
- You would be socially active with others.
- You would share information monthly with other seniors.
The Foster Grandparent Program is a component of Senior Corps governed by the Corporation for National Service and funded by federal and state dollars.
For more information, please call Katharine Kulkoski at (920) 469-1236 ext. 110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.